Work with Sarah to receive the personal attention you just can’t get in a public group class.
Sarah’s approach is collaborative, strengths-based, and provides tools to help align your yoga practice with your individual values, needs, and goals.
Together, you and Sarah may take your yoga practice to the next level, work toward healing a specific injury or challenge, or target an element of peak performance in your non-yoga world (think stress management, improved focus, etc).
After all, health is integrative: it’s not just about fitness and food, it’s also about what’s feeding us in our relationships, work, spiritual lives, and creative endeavors.
Sarah’s quick yoga bio: Sarah is an ERYT-200/RYT-500 yoga instructor registered with the Yoga Alliance, as well as a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Providers (YACEP). Sarah has been teaching since 2012, with experience in vinyasa, restorative, yin, nidra, adaptive, veteran, and trauma-informed yoga.
1. Private 1-on-1 yoga – great for BEGINNERS or REGULAR yoga practitioners. Private sessions are great for BEGINNERS to get the fundamentals under their belt in a no-pressure situation! Privates are great for regulars in order to refine their practice in general, or to target specific desired areas of growth within their pranayama, asana, or meditation practice.
2. Private yoga therapy – more like physical therapy (* I am NOT a physical therapist, though!) working on a specific issue or impairment. Good fit for those with an injury that has them feeling unsure of what to do in group classes.
3. Therapeutic yoga – when our breath and our body move, our thoughts and emotions move. Sarah takes an interdisciplinary approach to behavioral health utilizing her Master’s in Social Work and background in integrative health to find the focus that’s right for you that can include nutrition, therapeutic yoga, healing from trauma, emotional well-being, or overall life balance. These yoga sessions are more therapeutic in nature such that we target emotions and other aspects of your life through movement and breath. You may work to build balance, flexibility, healing, and/or resilience via self-care (emotional wellbeing, mental health, stress management), social support (finding the right tribe), and spirituality (purpose, service, faith).
4. Specialty events and groups
- sports teams and elite athletes
- weddings & bridal showers
- bachelorette & bachelor parties
- baby showers
5. Corporate yoga – Sarah can come to your workplace where she often serves as a liaison between the evidence-based stress management aspects of yoga and the simple and fun strategies you and your employees can use to renew, refresh, and revive.
6. RETREATS – please see more on the retreat page. Retreats are a deep dive into yogic philosophy, practice, and self-care. TBD on 2018 dates.
* Sessions can be done in-person at Sarah’s home office, at two of the studios where she teaches in Northern Virginia, or via Skype/Facetime.
** SPECIAL EVENT: NamasDay Oct 21st **
Early bird pricing through August 31st.
Please visit https://www.namasday.com/dc/
I’ll be presenting my YOUR BRAIN ON YOGA workshop in the afternoon. 🙂