Health and nutrition is about so much more than just eating well. Below you will find simple lifestyle suggestions designed to help you live a ridiculously happy, healthy, and successful life. 😉
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but something to get you started or remind you of what you already know. Remember, Keep It Simple, Silly! The most powerful changes are often small and simple, and therefore sustainable.
Now, get rolling with it! 🙂
– Avoid cooking with electricity, especially microwave ovens. Convert to gas when practical.
– Avoid water with chlorine and fluoride. Use spring water or a good-quality water filter.
– Chew your food well, 30 seconds per mouthful or more, until it becomes liquid.
– View everything and everyone you meet with gratitude.
– Do your best to be on good terms with people, especially your boyfriend or girlfriend, husband or wife, parents, children, brothers, sisters, friends and co-workers. Communicate with them regularly, either in person or via telephone or email.
– Let go and let God. (Or “let be and let Buddha” etc)
– Create and/or foster community. Attend events and seminars like the Just Roll With It Bootcamp for Transitioning Warriors or connect with groups like Team, Red, White, & Blue.
– To increase your circulation, scrub your entire body with a hot, damp washcloth morning and/or night.
– Avoid wearing synthetic or woolen clothing directly on the skin. Wear 100% cotton clothing as often as possible.
– Avoid chemically perfumed cosmetics.
– Use natural toothpaste.
– Avoid excessive jewelry on your fingers, wrists and neck; fewer rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings and piercings allow your natural energy flow to circulate more freely.
– Give generously of yourself and your resources.
– Live each day happily without focusing on your problems.
– Hum or sing a happy song every day.
– Foster a sense of humor. (FYI, I highly recommend the book “Happy Yoga.”)
– Offer thanks before and after meals.
– Most of all, create a positive attitude and wonderful environment around you, and enjoy the process of becoming healthier and happier every step of the way!
Meditation and Exercise
– Treat yourself to regular daily quiet time – study, pray, meditate; recharge yourself. Read books like mine! 😉 Just Roll With It: The 7 Battle-Test Traits for Creating a Ridiculously Happy, Healthy, and Successful Life
– Include exercise as part of your daily life. Experiment with an exercise style that works for you. Try yoga, pilates, martial arts, walking, running, bicycling, rollerblading, swimming, dancing, weightlifting or new team or competitive sports.
-Try going to a camp or retreat like the Just Roll With It Yoga&Adventure Retreat in Costa Rica.
– Keep your home in good order, including kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living rooms. You are your home. If your space is cluttered, so shall your mind be.
– If possible, include large green plants in every room of your home and office to freshen and enrich the oxygen content of the air.
– Minimize television-watching, or at least keep a good distance away from the television.
– Create a space for yourself that is always safe, quite, and comfortable. This is could be your meditation space, prayer area, or study spot.
* Next week….I’ll send you a demo video of pranayama you can do at home every day! 🙂